Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Wish you were here...

A new website and a new database means lots of testing testing testing. I don't think any of us were anticipating the steep learning curve involved with learning new tricks, nor did we have any idea how many functionalities would be disfunctionalities, and that reporting them would result in a series of lengthy back-and-forths with the designers who would insist in rather curt and rude ways that the problem was not theirs. Add to this the stress of the normal workday in sticky 90 degree weather and you've got one sweaty, pissed off Jenny on your hands.

I'll use this opportunity to take a deep breath and imagine a few happier places than this:



Corpus Christi, Texas, enjoying a drink by the pool with my good friend Emily and her dog Betty.








The bar at Eastern Standard, drinking champagne. And a manhattan. Not necessarily in that order.





Varanasi. I've never been, but it's at the top of my list of Very Expensive Life Goals.






Portland, Maine, dishing with Gill over dinner at Fore Street.







Hilton Head, with as many friends as can be gathered, drinking beer and eating crab legs and ending with a bonfire on the beach. I know, it sounds trite, but save for Saco I've never been to a beach bonfire. Hey, I'm from Jersey.

1 comment:

Pam said...

I had breakfast with Becky, and she was anxious to get in by 9 to work on the testing... fun times!