Saturday, July 26, 2008

You can look at the menu but you just can't eat

Did you ever get the feeling that the universe at large was trying to tell you something? Suddenly your horoscope is eerily accurate, you identify a little too closely with characters in books and movies, song lyrics seem to speak to you very directly... if you know that feeling you know how frustrating it can be when you can't quite figure out what the "something" is you're supposed to understand, and it can be heartbreaking when you do know what that something is but you're not quite sure you're ready to hear it.

Or maybe you, like me, spend too much time alone drinking wine.

2 comments:

TE said...

I don't know - what kind of wine is it?

J.L. Scott said...

Saturday night it was a reisling to go with ordered in uttapam, followed by one of my favorite new red blends: The Lineup by Big House Wines. Very light and drinkable - I happen to love red, but I noted when I tasted it that it is the perfect red for people who say they don't like red wine.